Virtual Volunteering – Small acts that can transform the world
“Going out and volunteering sounds simple, but many people don’t volunteer because they don’t know where to start.” – Mark Foster
Blessed are the people who can share their fortune doing good for others. When life has been kind to you, it becomes your moral responsibility to pay back to society. Monetary contributions are important, however, being able to volunteer for a cause close to the heart can bring an immense amount of happiness and a sense of fulfillment. Volunteering is also proven to be good for mental well-being, develop confidence, and promote self-esteem. It could be something as simple as serving in a soup kitchen close to your home on the weekend or dedicating your vacation time for various community volunteering activities. However, if it is not viable for you to spend your time in person, you can make a difference with Virtual Volunteering.
Volunteering from the comfort of your Home
Virtual volunteering opens up a world of unlimited opportunities for you to involve in volunteer work. All you need is a steady internet connection, a computer to work on, and your willingness to spend a few hours for various volunteer activities. Work for a local cause or be an international volunteer. There are no boundaries when you intend to contribute.
Start your journey today
It is never too late to start or too little to begin with. Work as per your convenience and choose an option that you feel comfortable with. For instance:
- Know multiple languages – translate and transcript manuscripts, books, and more.
- Love to blog – cover a charity event or fundraising for a social cause. Promote a story that inspires and help it go viral. Attract attention to concerns that need to be addressed.
- Love to teach – there are options to conduct online sessions for community schools and colleges.
- Good at data entry – we need help with documenting and cataloging.
- In-depth knowledge in a particular field – offers online career advice to aspiring youth.
- Great social networking skills – help us with volunteer recruitment.
- Marketing wizard – help us design elaborate campaigns to onboard like-minded individuals to come together for good cause.
There are so many ways in which you can make a difference. In doing good for others you are also improving upon your skills and building a stronger network that can have a positive impact on your professional front as well.
Goodera – Find your inspiration
Goodera is your pathfinder for online volunteering. There are a number of causes we support. You can find one that matches your skills and passion. Sign up for volunteer events and meet like-minded people. Strengthen your support network and share your passion and make our world a better place to live.
Goodera specializes in employee engagement programs for corporates and business houses. Encourage your employees to be a part of CSR initiatives undertaken by the organization. There are options for individual volunteering as well as the ones that require a team to be put together.
Check out Karma Hub on our website and begin your journey to the world that spreads goodness.