The Karma Summit, India’s virtual Goodness Summit Launching
The year 2020 has redefined life as we know it. The Covid 19 pandemic has affected our lives in every conceivable way. Many people have been left in distress due to loss of job or livelihood. The need for social good has been felt more than ever and yet the social distancing norms threw a different challenge. Traditional ways of volunteering and shouldering social responsibility had to be replaced with virtual options which would continue to create a meaningful impact in such unprecedented times.
What has stood out in this time is the motivation and the desire to contribute to alleviating this crisis. Whether it is companies or individuals, we have all made contributions in our local communities and our personal or professional networks. This has manifested itself in disaster relief work, charitable donations, product donations, and volunteering of both time and expertise in an effort to contain the impact of the global pandemic.
We at Goodera have been a critical part of this action and are relentlessly working with our clients, NGOs, stakeholders, volunteers, and the greater community to provide avenues for doing good. We are redefining strategies, expanding our outreach, and driving channels for new and innovative projects as well as volunteering and sustainability efforts that drive value for the global community.
The Karma Summit India 2020 is a platform to discuss the new paradigm shift in our social infrastructure, address the challenges we face, and work towards creating Vision 2025: Developing a Roadmap for doing good. This 2-day virtual event, to be held on 25th and 26th November, is aimed at bringing together Corporates, Nonprofits, and Individuals who focus on rebuilding the country’s CSR and volunteering community in the new normal. This summit aims to promote powerful dialogue and sharing of valuable insights on the sustainable development of CSR strategies. This is important considering the unprecedented changes that the Covid-19 pandemic has unleashed on the way the world works.
The keynote address will set the tone of the summit by focusing on the status quo amid the pandemic and the associated socioeconomic challenges in a global and Indian context. It will co-create the vision for the upcoming 5 years and outline the role of key stakeholders to bring about that change.
Subsequent sessions will involve panel discussions around
- Challenges and opportunities in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030.
- Setting private-sector expectations to overcome challenges and efforts to help countries achieve their goals.
- India’s preparedness to minimize the impact of Covid-19, response offered by the government and healthcare providers, and strategies to build resilience in our communities to effectively fight a future catastrophe
- Challenges for the CSR ecosystem and its stakeholders posed by Covid-19 and ideas to build long-lasting and impactful partnerships for effective risk mitigation.
In the Fireside Chat, the speakers will share their views, ideas, and experiences on
- The role of individuals in contributing to social impact, especially in the post-pandemic normal
- How individuals can leverage social media and volunteerism to drive large scale social change.
- Efforts required to bridge the digital divide in India by ensuring a platform to disseminate good content to the last mile.
- The critical role of technology and innovation to address today’s social issues across healthcare, education, and poverty alleviation.
Our elite panel of speakers include the
- Kailash Satyarthi, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and Child Rights activist,
- Svetlana Pinto, Country Head, Communications & CSR, Novartis India,
- Minari Shah, Director, Public Relations, Amazon,
- Pankaj Ballabh, VP CSR, Bajaj Auto,
- Archana Sahay, CSR Head- APJ at Dell Technologies and
- Supriya Singh, Head CSR, Tata Communications
- Vikram Gulati, Country Head & Sr. Vice President (External Affairs, PR, CSR & CG Division) at Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Limited (TKM).
- Shubhankar Roy Chowdhury , Executive Director & Head HR – Asia Pacific & Japan | Lenovo
- Anirban Ghosh, Chief Sustainability Officer, Mahindra Group
- Shripad Desai, MD & Country Director at Americares
All the speakers have been actively involved in CSR and volunteering initiatives over long periods of time and would be sharing their thoughts on how the strategies can be adapted and effectively implemented in the newly adjusted world.
The Karma Summit will provide an opportunity for Corporate Leaders to gain insights on how to keep employees engaged in CSR and Volunteering activities across offices, projects, and NGO partners. Nonprofit organizations can avail of an opportunity to connect with corporates and understand best practices especially in view of the pandemic. HR Teams would get a chance for meaningful employee engagement and resources for Covid-19 relief. Individuals would get expert insights into the world of doing good and the role of technology in volunteering.
The Karma Summit will be a good opportunity to recognize the contribution of selfless individuals and corporates who went beyond their call of duty to make a meaningful contribution to social good. We are proud to present the flagship event of Karma Summit India 2020 – The Karma Awards. This first-time event aims to recognise compassionate individuals, organisations, and non-profits for their selfless acts of kindness.
The awards are across multiple categories for Individuals, Corporates, Non-Profits, and CSR. It makes an effort to recognize selfless efforts that have had maximum social impact to serve as a model for others.
For Outstanding Individuals
- Outstanding Employee Engagement Leader
- Outstanding Innovative Volunteer Program
- Outstanding Virtual Volunteer Program
If you wish to know more about the Karma Awards, eligibility, and application process please visit: https://goodera.com/in/karma-summit/karma-awards
The registrations for the awards are now open. So, go ahead and send in your applications before the last date. We are excited to hear all your amazing initiatives which led to the flow of virtual goodness in this trying year 2020.
Come, join the conversation!
The Karma Summit, India 2020: Co-creating the New Normal, is launching soon and we are excited for you to be a part of this event.
Please click on the link to register: https://goodera.com/in/karma-summit/